Sunday, September 09, 2012

Happy Birthday Papi

Dear Papi,

So today you turn 60, huh? I know you can't believe it, but I can't believe it either...time most certainly passes by very quickly and having you as a father has made life funnier, enjoyable, interesting...let's be honest you weren't the regular "cookie cutter" papi. 

I mean I don't know many other dad's that walked around Homecoming Week at their daughter's high school with a puppet..Where is Alfonso anyway? Most kids would have been embarrassed but that was the same week junior year (11th grade) I had the chicken pox and you went to tape my friends and activities going on so that I wouldn't miss a thing...I still remember this and many other thoughtful things you did just like this.

Mom and you were always there for Moqui and I, but your sense of humor in any situation, always made even the most embarrassing or not so fun things bearable. Now at 60 when I see you with Maxwell, Evan, Luka & Sam I almost forget your age and I still see the young father I grew up with (minus some hair and a few new gray ones). Okay, so you have NOT been super lucky in the health department, but despite all that your spirit and attitude has ALWAYS remained the same. Please teach me how you do that!

Today I am a little sad that I am so far away for this very momentous birthday, but you know how much we love you and miss you. No matter where we are living in this large world, we think of you everyday, but on your birthday a little more and send you extra cyber hugs and kisses.

We will be spending an extra long time in Miami this year and I am sure we will find MANY occasions to celebrate this birthday with you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPI, PEPE & ABUELO...FELIZ CUMPLE!

Love,
Meli, JJ, Luka & Sam

No comments: