Thursday, September 06, 2012

What a Small World

(Photo: My Little Sis Monica and her son Maxwell)

I better than most people know what a small world we really live in. As I bounce around from country to country I always meet friends of friends and even once in a while find a Miami connection or friend across the globe.

But today I found out something really funny....my nephew Maxwell and I are now connected...his 1st grade teacher was my 2nd grade teacher...Ms. Norma Garcia. My sister told me today and it gave me a MAJOR reality check on how old I really was. This was 29 years ago people!!!! I haven't seen a photo of what she looks like now, but Moqui (my sister) says she looks the same. How is that possible?

Not the same school or anything. I went to school in the latin hood on the border of Little Havana...St. Michael the Archangel and Max goes to school in the Republic of Kendall (for my Miami folks)...so it is truly a coincidence. How cool is that??!?!?

Here are some yearbook pages from that year (St. Michael's 1983)...can you find Ms. Garcia and me? Some of you reading this might be on this page.....I know some of you are my Facebook friends.

For those of you wondering...yes, when I my sister told me today I went to fetch my yearbook. Yes, I travel the globe with literally everything I own...probably why it takes me over a month to unpack. I have a photo of me and Mrs. Garcia...but I haven't opened that box yet.





No comments: