Unlike most people we have to get numerous passport photos and often for visas, diplomatic ids, passports, foreign driver's licenses, etc. So we collect quite a few awful photos and I felt bad throwing them away...so just today looking at an empty frame I decided what to do...
And thus my super artsy passport collage was born!
I don't know how you feel, but I think that passport photos have an interesting type of mystic, sort of like school photos. No matter how terrible they are there is something that draws me to them. And most of all they remind us of all the places we have been!
I also love seeing how much the boys have changed. And HELLO I really should have given Luka a haircut in that middle photo and doesn't Sammy look a little like Benjamin Button....I am not mean...he was days old in that photo and so squishy. He really looks like a completely different little boy.
Too bad I gave away all the "good" passport photos while we were in Holland, the boys came out really cute in those.
But I like my reject recycled passport art project. It makes me smile. I think that over the next couple of years I will have a couple of these collages to hang side by side in the house and compare. I hope Ikea doesn't stop production on the Ribba frame.
No comments:
Post a Comment