
I don't know if it is because I live at 3,200 km (10,500 ft.) and we are very close to the clouds (or at least it seems that way). Can you believe I live in the "low" part of the city!
But every time it has rained so far and there is a little chill in the air, it hails!!! I mean big time. Look at these photos from a 5 minute hail storm.
Luka was a little scared, but it actually worked out great because he was studying weather last week and he was able to learn about hail. We went outside and touched it and he asked,"How did ice fall from the sky, Mommy?" My answer was because the clouds are cold. Is that horrible or what? I really need to brush up on my science and give better answers to my three year old son. I think it is the sleep deprivation.

No comments:
Post a Comment