
I think between midnight feedings and sleep deprivation Thanksgiving sort of sneaked up on me this year. I sort of panicked today when I picked Luka up at school and he showed me the colorful Thanksgiving turkey he had made. It is really TOMORROW!
I have less than 24 hours till the big day and I am NOT prepared at all. Last year I had typed lists and a schedule for the day in 30 minutes increments. I was also having 15 people over. This year it is 8 people, but I am so lost.
I just found my turkey today...frozen. I mean SUPER frozen. It is now defrosting. I hope I can cook it tomorrow. My plan is to make the following:
- Turkey (Vicky's Recipe)
- Stuffing (Pork & Herb Apple Stuffing)
- Sweet Potatoes (Classic Recipe I found online)
- Mashed Potatoes (Classic Recipe)
- Cranberry Sauce (don't know if I can find this here...let's see...it is the one recipe I have made for years that i love and keep using weeks after Thanksgiving on everything from muffins to bagels)
- Green Salad
- Pumpkin Pie (I really hope I find ready pie crust)
I know my dinner won't look as delicious as this photo I found on the internet but I am going to try.
Wish me luck and most of all the people trying my food. At least I think the turkey will turn out ok...that is what Vicky (our maid/cook) is making. I could have her make everything else...but then what kind of Thanksgiving would that be.
I am off to the grocery store...
No comments:
Post a Comment