Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Time at the Market Uptown


I have been here for almost three months now and FINALLY I got a chance to see the real La Paz...I went to Uyustus (market uptown) to buy things for my friend's birthday party. I mean you can find anything! Most of you know that I love to shop and even more if the shopping is cheap. I also had the opportunity to snack like a local. Maria Renee (my friend) and I pulled up a chair on the side of the street with a local food vendor. We had pasteles (a huge piece of fried dough that looks like an elephant ear, but with cheese inside....delish!) and a warm glass of api. Api is typical warm drink...to me it tasted like Christmas in a cup (lots of cinnamon and clove). Wasn't horrible, but I prefer the fried dough!

I hope I get to take my camera next time so that I can take some real photographs, but safety is an issue...let's see.

Please don't pay attention to my silly face. Maria Renee was paranoid about whipping out the iPhone for a photo and i didn't really have time to pose, but I just wanted you to see these lovely outside "cafes."

No comments: