First thing is first....Happy Birthday Esther! Esther has been my friend since I was five years old. We are both Gemini (my birthday is next week) and we have been best friends for as long as I can remember. Even though we live miles and oceans apart we always seems to keep in touch and when we talk it is as if not a day has gone by. My friend, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday and send you a big “French” kiss from Provence....ha ha. I hope you have a great day!

So here we are in Provence...We woke up today and had breakfast outside on the terrace of overlooking a vineyard and then Luka went into the backyard with his Oma (Grandmother) and picked cherries from the garden. Yes, Luka picked cherries and he loved it. He was the perfect little helper. He also got bit ny a wasp, but luckily he isn’t allergic... we waited a few minutes to see if he had a reaction, but we were clear. The only side effect now is that he is scared of anything that flies for the fear of being bit again. He even runs aways from the poor butterflies. He is such a character, but I am sure this will pass in a day or day.
He is going through another, more annoying phase that has lasted over two weeks now. Let me paint you a picture. Here we are enjoying our day in Provence...having lunch in a small village at the most perfect little sidewalk cafe. The couple next to us have the most adorable little dog and to my surprise we also came with a little dog. Our dog is called “Snuffie” a.k.a Luka. Yes, my son thinks he is a dog when we go out in public. He takes his role very seriously. He mimicks other canines he sees. He responds to the name “Snuffie” and if you call him he comes over and licks your hand while he is on all fours. Sounds cute huh....NO, not very cute when you are in a restaurant and he is rolling around the floor pretending to have a conversation with the Scottish Terrier having lunch next to us. Do I go along with it or remind him that his name is Luka and he is a little boy? If I go along with it am I indulging his imagination or scarring him for life. I think I need to buy a book about this...do they even sell one. I really HOPE this is a phase he is going through. The good thing is that he got so tired from a dog for the afternoon that he went straight into REM as we put him in the car seat and then straight to bed for a long nap.
Sorry I don’t have a picture of this, I will let you use your imagination. But above you can see Luka picking cherries with Oma and a photo of the Cafe where Luka hung out with Scooby and Benji. You can see more photos from our trip here.
No comments:
Post a Comment