Monday, May 25, 2009

More in France...


Today there was no sign of “Snuffie” (Luka’s alter ego mentioned in my previous entry). We spent the day in Orange. Here is a self-portrait of Luka and I. I don’t know why but I love taking photos like that. Luka doesn’t look too amused...too busy gulping down his milk.

Orange is a very small town. There is an amazing ampitheatre that was builty by the Romans. It is one of three Roman ampitheatres in the world that is still used today. The accustics of this place were incredible. JJ walked all the way to the top and Luka and I were sitiing at the bottom. He called out for us and we could here him perfectly. These Romans really knew what they were doing.

From the ampitheatre we took a stroll through the city and found the local church. It was very unassuming from the outide, but inside it was beautiful. I really love the inside of old churches. It always makes me feel really calm and serene and I love to take my time and take it all in...my favorite part is the way it smells. I don’t know if “holy” is a scent...but it smells really holy to me. It is kind of a cross between insence, mildew and my grandmother’s rosary (you know the kind that smell like roses).

After Orange we drove to Avingnon where we met up with Danielle – our friend from Maputo that now lives back in London. She came to stay with us for a couple of days in Provence.

No comments: