Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Benthe & Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad


Photo: JJ & Luka in Mallorca

Happy Birthday Benthe! Today our niece Benthe turns 3 years old. We had a chance to have a quick visit with her at the start of our European road trip and I couldn’t believe how much she has grown. She is such a little lady and she talks up a storm. Last summer when Luka and her met for the first time they really didn’t know how to play together...or rather Luka didn’t know. But this time they saw eachother and started playing right away. I think Luka just had to catch up a little with Benthe.

Benthe, we are sorry we can’t be there with you today (we are in Mallorca), but I promise that we will have lots of playdates when we return to Holland in a few days. Luka can’t wait to play with his cousin. Oh, a little bird told us you got a bike for your birthday. Luka is very jealous and can’t wait to see your new set of wheels.

We wish you a very Happy Birthday and we will see you very soon!

PS Oh, I would also like to wish my Mom & Dad a Happy Anniversary. No, it is not thier wedding anniversary, but an imporant anniversary just the same. It was on May 30, 1972 that my mom and dad kissed for the first time....37 years ago if my date is correct. I know it is kind of cooky that my parents celebrate this date, but I think it is kind of cool and corny and I love it.

No comments: