Thursday, May 21, 2009

Off We Go...Europe by Car & Boat


(if you double-click on the map it will get better and you will be able to read it)

We will land in Holland and drive to Luxembourg to spend a night with friends. Then we are off to Provence to stay with JJ's mom for one week and our friend from London will also be paying us a visit. From Provence we drive to Barcelona and board a ferry (with the car) to Mallorca. I must admit I am most excited about this leg of the trip. My paternal grandmother is from Mallorca and I promised her that I would visit one day. That day is here and I am meeting cousins and aunts and taking a "Yeya Angelita" tour - visiting the house where she was born and other important sites. From Mallorca we will take the boat again back to Barcelona (2 days there). Then we are back on the road...making a pit stop somewhere in France to rest and then back to Luxembourg for another night with our friends. From there we will head to Holland and stay in a vacation home in Kootwijk (in the center of Holland) and then the final days of our trip will be in Bedum (near Groningen) at JJ's Dad's House and then in Amersfoort at Marielle's (JJ's Sister) house. Then after all that we take a long flight back home and collapse.

Should be interesting with a 2-year old!

Hopefully I will be able to update you with photos and/or interesting stories along the way.

Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

SF said...

hey how did you trace your route like that on that map? that is sooo cool and helpful! I want to do the same; please tell me. xoxo. Su