Saturday, June 08, 2013

Happy 38th Birthday to Me

NOTE: Yes, this really took place months ago...but it will be on the right order on the blog...so if you receive updates my birthday is not in October. I am just really late posting these pics....oops.

What do sushi, donuts and Mexican food have in common? Well, they are three of my favorite things to eat and this lucky girl got to eat them for her birthday...YUMMY! My girlfriends surprised me with a sushi lunch on my birthday.

Then my boys (JJ, Luka & Sam) surprised me with a "donut cake" from Dunkin Donuts. My kids were just as excited to have a piece of cake as I was.
On Saturday night after my birthday we went to a local Mexican restaurant to celebrate. I love to drag out my birthday for as long as possible. Growing up we would take a week to celebrate it...why not, right? 

I was really looking forward to going to Mexicana Restoran in Barrio Italia. I had heard good things about it and wanted to go somewhere with a good vibe and delicious food.
The menu offered many choices.
Every tex-mex meal has to start off with chips and salsa. It is the tex-mex "right of passage." 
Since I am writing this months later I can't remember the name of my dish...maybe Tacos pastor. But it was delicious...chicken & pineapple...yes, I loved it.
We had a HUGE group to celebrate. I am lucky to have met all of these wonderful people in Chile. They are from all over the world. I love that part about being an expat. Most of my life I was surrounded my Cuban-Americans 99% of the time. For the last 8 years I met someone from a different place almost every day. This is truly a gift. I should have posted the photo of the "group" tequila shot, but it was too out of focus....ha ha ha...really it was.
My Australian chicas...Cathryne we miss you! She has since moved to another "posting." That is one the bad things about being an expat...you lose friends to other "posts" all the time. 

I had a great 38th Birthday and I am lucky to have celebrated it all week. But most of all I am lucky to have a wonderful husband, two amazing little boys and a life that keeps everything interesting...one adventure at a time. 




No comments: