Thursday, October 18, 2012

My 1st Day in NYC

It was a beautiful day today in New York. Really the weather was perfect. As you can see from this photo, buying sunglasses was the first order of business for the day. I basically walked the entire day...approximately 10 miles. 

New York is amazing...the energy...the people. There is no place on earth like it. Everyone was so nice today. Everyone I asked for directions really took their time to help me out. 

First I walked to Grand Central Station where I had to go to the Mac store to repair the iPhone. The store basically wrapped around the mezannine level of the station...very cool!

This photo was taken on my way there.
This photo was taken right outside Grand Central Station. I love the colors.
Then it was off to Times Square...wow, I stayed there over 2 hours...having coffee, stopping in front of the various theaters looking at the all the marquees for the different shows, people watching, window shopping in souvenir shops, but mostly just taking in the awesomeness of Times Square. It was so much fun just listening to conversations going on around me and watching the model shoots, interactions with tourists and police officers, etc.
I really want to try to get tickets to see Ricky Martin in Evita. That is my plan for Tuesday.
This photo is for Luka. He is obsessed with Lion King, but specifically the Rafiki character. I will bring him one day soon.
It was dumplings for lunch at a food truck smack in the Middle of Times Square. Delicious!
From Times Square I walked to my friend's flagship store on Madison Avenue. The clothes at Proenza Schouler was esquisite...really beautiful! 
 
Then I followed Obama's motorcade to the Waldorf-Astoria, where he was scheduled to attend the Alfred Smith Memorial Dinner, along with Mitt Romney believe it or not. I hung around the lobby (I knew I wouldn't see him) but still exciting just to be in the same place and feel the energy. He also went to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart during his visit. I can't wait to download that show tomorrow! 
Walking home to my friend's apartment I fell in love with this Deli Sign.
I didn't have one today, but tomorrow for sure. How can you not buy a pretzel from a street vendor while in NYC?

Tomorrow I will try to explore Brooklyn in the morning and catch up with an old friend.



No comments: