Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Identidad Paceña

A couple of weeks ago I attended Identidad Paceña - a Bolivian Fashion Show that celebrated the modern day fashion of the cholita Paceña. What an amazing event at the US Residence! The outfits, the dresses, the tradition...wow. I think it is so unique how many Bolivian women are so proud to wear this traditional dress.

The event was coordinated by ABIA (a charity organization I am a part of). We raised over $7,000 USD in a few hours for a local psychiatric hospital. Not only was it a great event, but we raised a lot of money for this organization.

This was my favorite model of the night...she had the best smile. Look at her jewels. Some of the pieces in the show were over $13,000 USD! Here is this photo you can see the traditional hat they wear.

The official 2012 Ekeko made a stop at the show. Here you can read more about this legend in Bolivia. He looks just like the mini-doll that you can buy on the street!

Our event also made the papers...can you see me?



No comments: