Sunday, December 04, 2011

Mini-Photo Books are Done!



This year's mini-brag books are done. Every year I make these tiny little perfect books for the grandparents and it has become an anticipated tradition. I also can't wait to have them in my purse every year to show off my boys. The idea is that it chronicles their growth and experiences for that year. So far I have done them every year since Luka joined our family & not only are they are great little "brag book" to have in your purse, but I save a copy for Luka and Sam. When they are older, they will have a little library of these books that document an entire year of their life...I hope they will appreciate them as much as I love making them.

I try really hard to capture their spirit and experiences for that year...what do you think? Here are videos of the book. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Raquel Miranda said...

Melissa - you're good about knowing how to do these things, and keeping the memories alive.. you always were... it makes me jealous (and, since i just shared with Leonel, he's jealous too!), but, in a good way - not the "green envy"... (smiles!) can't wait to be around you guys, so you may make/push us to do the same for our children... poor Maria Cecilia turned one (Nov 30th), and has no photo book/shoot... we're bad... Thanks so much for sharing the "brag books".. they're lovely! Much love from Brazil, Los Mirandas

Melissa van Herksen said...

Thanks Raquel...this is great motivation to keep going. The truth is that Sam is 18 months and I haven't even started his baby book. I have plans for this great book of his first year..but I am so busy that I never get around to it. But I do manage to make these every year and document things on the blog. Thank goodness for the blog, because when I go back and to the book I will use the blog as a point of reference....I also have some photo books done from vacations. But so many more on my list...

Melissa van Herksen said...

These books are SUPER SUPER easy to do with iPhoto. It is the small softcover books…don't have a lot of options that is why they are so easy. Can't add text, just on the first page and each page is either one or two photos…viola! The hard part is selecting the photos, but if you have them on iPhoto like me it is easy to find them. TIP: Last year I went a little crazy and made them 40 pages each, but these little books are not made for so many pages…they broke. These books are best for 20-25 pages.