Saturday, October 15, 2011

BeyBlade Battles in Bolivia

Photo: Notice Luka's enthusiasm and Sam's inquisitive face.

Well, I am not sure if they are happening all over Bolivia, but they are happening in front of my house. We are new to this whole BeyBlade phenomenon. Actually it all started a couple of weeks ago back in Washington, DC....JJ calls me and the conversation goes a little like this:

JJ: Where are Luka's BeyBlades?
Melissa: His what, what the heck are BeyBlades?
Moqui (my sister chimes in on the conversation, she is with me in DC): Please don't tell me that Luka doesn't have BeyBlades
JJ: Luka is invited to a BeyBlade Party and I thought he had one (JJ didn't know what they were either)
Melissa: No, Luka doesn't have a BeyBlade...that was just a top I bought in Miami last time.
Luka: I need to take BeyBlades to Stefan's House

So there I was in DC feeling really bad that my son was going to be the only one boy at the party with no BeyBlade and my sister wasn't making me feel any better...so you know Luka was definitely going to have BeyBlades by the time I arrived back in La Paz.

My sister sent my father on a mission to buy them. We had to walk for three days straight so we really didn't have time to shop. But my dad came through, as always, and bought Luka two super cool blades.

And now you see it...Luka is a BeyBlade Champion, well not so much...just yet, but he is enjoying this BeyBlade madness.

I really just love hearing him say, "ONE, TWO, THREE, LET'ER RIIIIPPPP!"

And Sammy loves to make the BeyBlades stop once Luka gets it going...actually a really good toy for both of them and really good for their social skills as you can see from the photo and video.

No comments: