
Today was my first bachlorette party experience in Holland. It was very different from a bachlorette party in the states...no dollar bills or strip clubs here...no veil with a crown or cosmopolitans to go around.
We spent the day on an organic farm in a cooking class by a renown local chef. Okay, so i didnt cook so much as I did take photos and eat the delicious food, but it was very interesting to see all the planning that went into a day with the "girls."
For the last couple of months I have been recieveing emails about Khadija's Party. We each had to bring a present that symbolized our relationship with the bride to be. The coordinator made a game and then a video that went along with the question game. The video was her husband to be going on about her...it was in Dutch. I cant really comment much on the video other than the fact that it had the bride and all the girls laughing and everyone seemed to enjoy Ted's commentary on Khadija.
I couldn't stay for all of the festivities as I had to get back to Sam & Luka (we had babysitters but I told them I would be home by 8 pm). And it took me three hours to get to the party. I spend 5 hours there...then three hours on train to get back. Yes, it was longer to travel than the actual event, but Khadija is worth it.
After the day on the organic farm the girls went for a hike on the beach followed by drinks and dinner at a beach bar.
JJ had the bachelor party for the groom on the same day. It was also a day full of activities followed by a night full of partying. The boys didn't come home that night. Does that sound fair to you? Well, the point is that they had a night to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment