
Dear Luka -
You actually turned four a couple of weeks ago, but mommy has been really busy and finally I have some time to sit down and officially congratulate you for your birthday. I can't believe you are four years old already.
Never in my wildest dreams could I have pictured the little person you have become. Luka, you are an amazing little boy and your personality fills up the room. At times you are shy, but as you can see from the photo below...not all the time...most of the time you are sweet and loving and most of all you have this energy that is contagious that makes everyone smile and love being around you.
You are truly a gift to us and everyone in your life. I can't imagine my life without you and I can't remember a time when I didn't love you or dream about having a little boy like you in my life.
You have also turned out to be quite the great big brother. Sam looks up to you so much and when you are in the room you are Sam's world. He follows you around and laughs at your every move. Just today you were hiding in his hamper playing peek-a-boo and he was having a blast and laughing up a storm. To be honest I get a little jealous that you can make him laugh much more than I can.
You are still as musical as ever. I don't think that will ever change. Since the moment we brought you home you have had a song in your head and there is not a day that passes by that you don't sing, dance or learn a new song.
For a while this year you sang songs from The Lion King everywhere you went. I mean EVERYWHERE. In an effort to distract you I played the the movie Grease and boy did that distract you. You became Danny Zucko...then after that you got Bieber Fever and still sing "Baby" every chance you get and you love to correct me and my lack of knowledge when it comes to Bieber lyrics, but let me tell you they are starting to grow on me.
A few weeks before your 4th birthday you started asking about letters and words and then you started to put letters together and you decided that you wanted to learn every make of car there was, but your favorite by far is SUBARU. Yes, you are infatuated with Subarus and it is the most adorable thing.
But this love of cars has been the spark to get you to start writing and reading words. So far you can right Subaru, Suzuki, Jeep and Toyota on your own!!! Well and mama, papa, opa and oma too. But it all started with the brands of cars. Oh and you can write your brother's name too. And let me tell you...you have beautiful penmanship. You really get that from me and definitely not from your father
I hope you enjoyed your African Safari Extravaganza...I had so much fun watching you steal the show. I can't make up my mind on what I love more...you singing We Are the World...dancing and leading the Waka Waka dance or hearing you try to sing the Lion King songs in Spanish.
Happy Birthday my son and I only have one request...stop growing up so fast.
Love,
Mami

1 comment:
Post a Comment