
I am in the midst of organizing Luka's Africa Safari Extravaganza....I came across these fabulous chairs.
Some of you may recall his 2nd Birthday...that was more of an African Dance/Drum Party...this one is more Safari/Lion King. He loves the Lion King musical and wanted to have something centered around that...so back to Africa we go!
I have been going Africa crazy and looking online for ideas on how to use the African fabrics (capulanas) that I have and I came across these chairs in one of my many google searches. Aren't they freaking cool? I think once the party is over I will use all of my capulanas to make a piece of furniture.
Here you can see some ladies in Mozambique prepping the capulana fabric to make things like bags, scarves, etc. They use them for everything!!
I hope the party turns out ok. It is this Sunday and I am freaking out a little. Wish me luck and I will be sure to post party details later.
To reminisce about Luka's second birthday click here. Too bad I can't hire an African band for this party! Oh, wait...and here is a video from that day of Luka's dance challenge. That party was so much fun!

1 comment:
WOOOOOOWWW mucha suerte en la fiesta de Luka y.... I WANT A CHAIR LIKE THAT ONE ! wooooow se veria linda en tu casa...
Post a Comment