
Sam turned seven months on Monday and I haven't taken time to write about. I am sorry Sam. Things have been very hectic in the van Herksen household. But I think this week is going to be great and hopefully less eventful. Luka is off school and we can concentrate on celebrating the holidays in La Paz!
So back to Sam. Yes, our baby is 7 months already. We can't believe it! Just this week JJ and I have noticed what a big boy he is. Sam is already sitting on his own and I think he is days away from crawling for the first time. He gets into position then is sort of lost and doesn't know where to go from there...it is really funny to watch him try and grab toys and things that are in front of him. He finally loves to eat. He eats three meals a day plus milk and I think I am going to have to start increasing the portions because he always leaves his bowl empty.
As far as the milk...he has finally started to drink formula and give my boobs a break, but he still breast feeds about 3-4 times a day. For months I couldn't wait for him to get off, and now I feel so freaking guilty when he drinks a bottle. Why are moms so crazy??? I should be happy that I am getting a break after seven months...but what can you do.
He has (I don't even want to type it because I feel I will jinx it) started to sleep 6 hours straight at night. I hope it is not a phase and he starts to sleep better at night (so far it has been around 3 nights). I really need to sleep! And I noticed he is much happier when he does get a good night's sleep vs. waking up every 2 hours which was happening. Sleep Sammy sleep!
Sam, you definitely have your own personality now and you have started to express yourself. I can't get enough of your laugh, which comes out the most when your Big Brother Luka is around. He cracks you up!!!
Your favorite toys at the moment are you Fisher Price Shape Blocks...not so much for the blocks but because you like to take it in and out of the plastic box it comes in. You LOVE to empty containers...anything that is in front of you gets tipped over. And you also love LEGOS..again not that you can build anything at the moment, but you love to pick them up, throw them and take them in and out of the container they are stored in. I hope this means that you will be great at picking up your toys in the future.
Happy seven months Sammy! We love you.
PS You haven't had any first words yet but I swear I have heard you say Mama and Nononono.
2 comments:
No puedo creer que hace 7 meses estabamos en Africa! Sam cada vez estás más guapo!
We love you
BPMN
Paty...where are you? Get back to the internet...we miss you.
Post a Comment