
This past weekend Luka got very excited when he saw Santa Claus in the mall and I was even more surprised to see it was a black Santa. I mean I have counted a total of like 10 black people in La Paz (including Luka) so this was a treat! Actually there were two Santa Clauses at the mall. Luka was very confused. But I told him that Santa Claus couldn't be everywhere at one time so these were special Santa assistants. One of the Santas was playing along and quickly chimed in, "Yo soy assistente #15!." Luka seemed satisfied with this answer.
Then he was curious as to why one Santa was brown and the other one was white. He went on to explain to me that he thought the brown Santa spoke English (he was American) and the white Santa spoke Dutch (he was Sinterklaas). Well I didn't explain and just said, "oh really, hmmm." When he sat on Santa's lap and he started to speak Spanish he was thrown for a loop.
This picture is not the best quality..it was an instant print from the mall, but don't my boys look cute. Sam even smiled! He was very intrigued with Santa's beard and you should have seen me dancing and jumping around trying to get them both to look at the camera at the same time. Someone should have taken a photo of that!
Well, we are busy in La Paz. Today the Christmas tree finally went up (i know a little late) but I have been trying to start up a new design business (more on that soon.) and also driving Luka to school, Dutch school and Christmas classes...oh I almost forgot about Sam. He is 7 months now and so adorable, but still quite a handful.
Yes, Luka is taking a christmas craft class and he LOVES it. He comes home saying, "Mami, hice Navidad hoy." They are supposed to bring all their projects home on Friday so I will take photos and post for everyone to enjoy.
Bye for now, but hopefully I will post more entries soon. I have many things to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment