
We are finally in Holland. I am so happy to be in one place for the next 2.5 weeks. It is really tiring to travel in the car with Luka. It is not his fault. I am sure there are not many two year olds that would enjoy hours upon end in the car. So here we are in Holland...
We are staying in a vacation park centrally located to all of JJ's family members and it is in the middle of a forest. It is also located next to the largest sand dunes in Western Europe. I won't believe it until I see it...what are sand dunes doing here in the middle of Holland. We still haven't had a chance to explore our immediate surroundings.
We have been visiting family. Luka had a blast today visiting Oma Stolk (JJ's maternal grandmother). She is so cute and loves Luka. We got there and she had tons of presents for him that he didn't even wait 1 minute to open. Then we went on a walk with Oma around her house and visited the playground and blew some bubbles. It was amazing to see the interaction between both of them. Even though they are like 80 years apart, they communicated magically and Luka couldn't stop talking about Oma when we left her house.
(Oma's portrait taken by Luka)
I also want to give a special thank you to Oma Stolk. As soon as we walked into her house she gave me an envelope and told me it was for this children at Luka's orphanage. She donated 100 euros to the Infant Nutrition Program I organize at the orphanage. That will buy TONS of diapers and formula! I was shocked she knew about it because I had only posted the information on my blog. I thought does Oma go online and read my blog? But no, she told me she has her little spies that read it and then share the photos with her and translate the information into Dutch (Thank you Marlies...I think it was you). Luka and the children at Primeiro de Maio want to send a big kiss to Oma Stolk!



No comments:
Post a Comment