
Who would have guessed that it would be Cuba Week in Groningen (city in the north of Holland) the same week we would be visiting? JJ's father had told us about Cuba! Art & History from 1868 to Today an exhibition at the Groningen Museum and I was really looking forward to it. The painting above is titled Portrait of Maria and is on all of the promotional materials. For more information on the show you can click here.
The show was amazing. There was so much artwork. Much of it was Pro-Castro and Pro-Revolution, but that was expected due to the fact that many of the pieces were taken from the National Museum in Havana. But I don't think I would have ever had the opportunity to see so much art from Cuban artists in one place and so well organized and displayed. I loved some of the paintings that depicted regular life in Cuba, but the photos were amazing. You could see so much of the history through the pictures and you could really feel the country coming to life through the series of photographs.
For more photos from Cuba Week click here and look for photos in the Dutch Holiday album.
No comments:
Post a Comment