I really hit the jackpot with JJ and Luka...what mom wouldn't be lucky to have those two guys in her life. Everyday I wake up and I think, man my life is really great. Who knew that living in Mozambique would bring so many blessings and happiness to my life. Here I have been able to explore my creative side, be a mother, make wonderful friends and travel to places I never thought I would go. I am in a point in my life where I am truly happy.
But then I start to think about my family and the life I left behind in Miami and I get a little nostalgic and homesick. There is not a day goes by that I don't think about them and pretend what it would be like for Luka to grow up with his grandparents, tias, tios and Maxwell...and I have to admit that I miss silly things like cafe con leche and tostadas at "La Carreta" or watching American Idol with Monica and Wole. Sis, isn't this season great?
But I guess the trade off is the fact that I am really happy and I know my family knows that. But when that homesick bug bites I have my own "home" remedies: looking at photos, watching episodes of Que Pasa USA or a call on Skype always does the trick.
This Mother's Day is particularly tough. So much is going on in Miami...my abuela is in the hospital. My sister is going to be a mommy again soon and I wish I could see that baby belly of hers. My mom has lost like 20 pounds and I want to be there to congratulate her and give her a big hug. Mami, keep it up...I am so proud of you!
Aren't my boys cute...this was taken when Luka was 13 months...now he is 26 months!
This is me being silly with my sister's first belly! She was so cute all preggo...although she begs to differ, but then again I wasn't carrying around that big belly!

Mother's Day 2005. I think this is my favorite current family photo (pre Maxwell & Luka). Weren't we all photogenic that day?




No comments:
Post a Comment