Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Chilean Condiment - Pebre

I am not much of a cook. During the last year I have learned to cook out of necessity, I don't love it and for some reason I never like anything I cook (does that happen to anyone else). I also think that this pregnancy has ruined my taste buds. 

But this weekend I finally made something Chilean, even if it was only a condiment..the infamous Pebre.

We had Sam's 4th Birthday Party this weekend and the menu was simple to say the least, but we did have choripans and here in Chile you can't eat a choripan without the nations favorite topping - pebre.

It is basically cilantro, garlic, onion, olive oil and ground aji chili peppers. Like the link the recipe says, " If Mexican pico de gallo and Argentinian chimichurri had a baby, it might look something like pebre."

Well, I love it on chorizo, bread, crackers...it is delicious!

Here is the link to the recipe. It is super easy to make and super yummy...ENJOY! 

No comments: