Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mama Bebe Expo

A few weeks ago (yes, I know I am so behind and have so many posts to share) we attended the Feria Mama & Bebe & Kids here in Santiago, Chile. No, there is NOT a baby van Herksen on the way, but I have a small addiction to baby products and well-made toys in general. I think it stems from my refusal to really grow-up. The fair was great. There were tons of booths and products from all over the world and many from right here in Chile. Above you can see some of the items we picked up:

1. Two beautiful wooden puzzles from Kido. The giraffe and wood scene are perfect and I almost just want to frame them. We purchased them for Sam's birthday. He loves PUZZLES!
2. Playmais Play Sets - These are so much fun. They sort of look like those packing bubbles, but they are thicker and colored. You can stick them together and make all sorts of shapes and designs. We stocked up for future birthday presents and bought a big bin for the boys. Great toy for the imagination and they are edible, well not like popcorn but if the kids do eat them they will be okay.
3. Picnic Blanket - This blanket folds up like a bag and it is water resistant on one side and totally machine washable and I found this cute Ikea fabric. Can't wait to use it....
4. Okay, this we didn't actually buy but I love this bicycle cart. I think I need to buy a bicycle first. I recently found these great walk, bike paths around our neighborhood that I would love to use this bad boy for.

There were so many lovely things to look at....
These were some of my favorite toys...
This is pretty genius...
There was even a FREE photo booth. I just love these photos. I never miss a photo booth op.
There were also tons of activities for the boys. Luka asked to have his face painted like an astronaut (he is on the Outer Space Unit at school). He loved it so much he asked me to go to his class and have an Out of this World Face Painting activity. Since then we have done this and the kids had a blast.
I don't know why but sam was a little obsessed with this duck. We saw him leave when we first got there and Sam wanted to wait by this booth until he returned...I convinced him we could walk away. Three hours later we saw him and as you can see Sam was very happy to pose with the duck.
He also liked the baby formula lions. That is the same formula we used to give Luka in South Africa...small world.
After the show we went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch (how American, right?) and Luka found a shaded spot to test out his free bubbles.
An all around great day in Lo Barnechea...

No comments: