Saturday, March 30, 2013

Boo...It's Luka's 6th Birthday

We had a monster of a time at Luka's 6th Birthday Party. We converted our house in Santiago into a mini version of Monster's Inc. Luka and Sam recently saw the 3D version of the movie and they fell in love with it. The movie was released in 2001, but our family just saw it this year. I think both of my boys want to be Mike Wazowski. I know they love saying his name over and over again and giggle every time....so cute. What a wonderful film! For the last month it has been a regular on our Netflix play list. If you haven't seen this movie, where you have kids or not, you should watch it. 

Now for the party...above you can see our family taking our photos for the "visitor log." Everyone had the opportunity to dress up and get their monster on as they walked in. I have all those photos and might share some later...they were really cute. I am still waiting on the full CD of photos from the photographer. Yes, we hired one so that I wouldn't have to run around with the camera the entire time and I could run the games and have fun with my boys.
Here are some table decoration signs for the food table.
Another fun sign and some gooey green jello. What is it with kids and jello? They love the stuff and it fit in perfect with our theme.
Our first activity was the Monster Masterpiece Studio. All the kids were invited to create their own work of art and hang it on the tree. It was a great way to decorate and all the kids took home their art on their way home.
Luka was very concentrated when painting his "masterpiece."
Sam also got in on the fun.
Is the tree beautiful? I kept staring at it...the creations were outstanding!
Then it was time for the Monster Egg Hunt. It was the day before Easter and I wanted to somehow fit in an egg hunt and don't monsters hatch from eggs anyway...at least I think some do.
Here is the official birthday banner on our terrace.
My favorite part of the banner were the green paper lantern and Mike W. plates.  I made those from green paper plates, simple circles of card stock and a sharpie...viola perfect match.
Time for the birthday cupcakes. Luka was waiting patiently to blow out his candles.
I think Sam had at least 3 cupcakes. That boy loves his sweets.
We fit in lots of time for play. We are lucky and have a massive backyard for everyone to run around. 
This photo was totally forced. Luka was not really keen on posing. What 6 year old would be at his own party, where he clearly wants to have fun! What was i thinking? Sam is also trying to run away...


Luka and some of his buds...

They are so cute...here is another photo of them.
Our last activity was on "The Laugh Floor."
The kids (with the help of parents) were asked to come up with some jokes to share with everyone. It was funny to see the ones the kids came up with and the ones the parents remembered and shared. Very fun! Here Tim is sharing his joke with us.
On their way out everyone received an Employee Gift Pack and were thanked for spending the day at Monsters, Inc.

No comments: