I think I have mentioned before how hard, almost impossible, it has been to find a dance class for Luka. I took him to a couple of places that simply said, "No, your a boy!" and then somehow I stumbled onto this school over the Internet. I am so happy I did. We love Power Peralta. Those guys are some SERIOUS dancers.
A couple of weeks ago Luka started hip hop classes on Saturdays. He is five so sometimes he is super into it and other times he is a total space cadet in class...but all in all he likes it and I think it is important for him to express himself through music and learn how to do it with some type of order and discipline.
On this day the two classes of Hip Hop Kids performed for the parents. It was such a treat. Here are they are getting their pep talk before they danced for us.
I love his expression in this photo...
Okay, Sam...he really, I mean really, wanted to go with me to see his brother bust a move. Like he says, "LUKA SHOW...LUKA SHOW...LUKA SHOW." So I took him and man is that kid hard headed. The teachers had asked us to please wait outside while they practiced and got ready. Sam simply didn't want to hear it. You want to know what this expression is saying, "Mom, what is your problem. I don't care if we have to leave. I am going to stay right here and sit in the middle of the doorway while I watch my brother dance. So just deal with it." He didn't say those words exactly. It was more like, "No Salir, Luka Show, No Mama, Sam Aqui," but that is what he meant.
He was very cute just staring at his brother perform. Lately Sam is attached to Luka. He wants to be with his "hermano." He is constantly reminding me by saying, "Luka hermano. Mi hermano."
Here Luka is going up to the front practicing his individual moves.
"Yo, this is my cool dance teacher Bridgette."
"Yeah, yo this is my cool hip hop look."
Slim Sam Shady in the house...Luka received this hat as an award for his performance and of course Sam stole it and Luka is so nice...he always shares with this brother.









No comments:
Post a Comment