Luka's Circle of Life from Melissa van Herksen on Vimeo.
This weekend was a long weekend and it gave plenty of time for Luka to obsess over The Lion King. Since he was three years old he has had this infatuation with the Broadway show. He says the animated version is "pretend" or "fake." I think that is funny. I am not sure how we first saw it, but it must have been on YouTube. But he can spend hours searching for different versions of the production. He likes all of the songs, but his favorite by a mile is "Circle of Life." He watches it over and over again and tries to get the movements and expressions down perfectlty. He even likes to listen in other languages and try to copy. I think the Russian version is the hardest for him to sing...ha ha, I kind of love to watch him watch it, but at some point that melody gets on my nerves and I to ask him to shut down YouTube and take a break.
Well, two weeks ago when he realized I was going to go to NYC - the home of The Lion King - it seems that is all he talks about. For him NYC is like Disney for any other kid. He also loves Disney, but I guess since we go all the time (my fault) it is not so special. But NYC is like WOW...that is where The Lion King is and where Rachel (from Glee) lives. We really need to take a family trip there....must put on my list for 2013.
Here is a video of him performing "Circle of Life" this weekend on our front porch. In general he dances much better than he sings, but I love how he makes up the words that he doesn't know and the inflections and movements. I could watch him for days. I love you Lukkie and I am going to miss you soooo much this week and feel so guilty and I will enjoy the magic of NYC, but mommy PROMISES to take you there soon.
Can you believe I leave in less than 24 hours...oh oh I need to pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment