Today at 2:22 pm we lost our earthquake virginity. I say sort of because I was driving home from the store and I didn't feel a thing....kind of a bummer. As I drove into the driveway I got a text from my friend Crystal, "Did you feel it? Are you okay?" I was like what...was there an earthquake...At this point I freaked out and went all Momma Bear....ran into the house.
The housekeeper was cooking and she said all was ok. Sam never woke up from his nap. In my office some frames fell on the ground, but that was pretty much the extent of our damage. You can see the "damage" above...thank goodness the iMac was safe....ha ha.
I started to worry when Luka didn't arrive from school. But I thought he was probably on the actual bus on his way home so he would not have felt it either...apparently it is hard to feel when driving on the road. But he arrived in perfect condition and excited to talk about the earthquake. He said he was on his way to the bus with the teacher and "the earth moved like a seesaw." I thought that was great. Another friend wrote on facebook that she was at school and one student said, "Look the earth is dancing." Children are just the best, no?!?
I was afraid that Luka would be traumatized, but no sign of that. I should upload the video of me interviewing him after the quake and he changed the subject to the "awesome" thing that happened in class today....they built a house. So safe to say that the earthquake trauma is over in Luka's world.
Oh, JJ...my third boy....he was at work...in a tall building. He said he went under the desk. He could feel the earthquake BIG time as it happens in a tall building, but he felt safe. The buildings in Santiago are constructed so well for this sort of thing.
So all the van Herksens are in one piece and accounted for. Earthquake...check.
For a story on the earthquake click here.
For a story on the earthquake click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment