Thursday, September 13, 2012

Luka's First Family Tree

Luka just got home with his first family tree project. I think it was a quick activity they did in school today, but I love it and I couldn't wait to share it with the world. Seriously, he got home like 10 minutes ago on the bus. I think it is very interesting the people he chose to put on his tree:

1. Luka
2. Mom
3. Dad
4. Sam
5. Monica (my sister)
6. Wole (my brother-in-law, his uncle)
7. Ine (my aunt)
8. Sara (his friend from class, actually I think it is Zara, but he swears this is how you spell it)

I asked him why he put Zara in the tree...he said, "Mommy, she is my friend and I wanted to include her in the family tree." I said, "Okay."

I know that if he had more spaces he would have included a whole bunch of other people. He told me he didn't have space for his cousins or abuela or oma/opa...I told him it was okay and that we would work on a BIG family tree for the house.

Lately he always asks me about Ine, she is going through chemo/radiation and he is very worried about her and her "boobie cancer" like he calls it. So I think that is why he had the instinct to draw her...Wole, he loves his Uncle Wole and I know he is always excited to see him in photos. He always says, "Mom, I look like Tio Wole." For whatever reason this is the family tree he came up with today and I am looking forward on working on a big one with him at home so we can include the entire Vigues/van Herksen bunch.

Can you believe he didn't have any help with the names! Okay, so he had mispelled my name and we fixed that before scanning. But what a great job, no? I am so proud of my little Lukkie!

I love family trees. I don't remember doing one when I grew up. Do you?

Just for fun. Here a link to a post about a family tree I found online that I wrote about back in 2009. I really do love Family Trees...and no I don't have one up at home yet!

No comments: