Today we took Sam for his first day of school. I thought it was going to be tough to leave him there. I mean the boy is 2 and we just moved countries...His world has been turned upside down and he surely wouldn't want to leave his Mommy's side...ha! Does he look like a scared two-year old in the photo. Sam was a champ and he loved his first day at daycare. Look how happy he looks with his three young teachers. I promise they are all certified in Early Childhood Education and are super qualified.
Well, here is a little picture tour of our morning. Here we are going to the elevator of our hotel in the morning. You can't see it but he is wearing his backpack, even though it was quite heavy with all the supplies requested. He almost fell over in the elevator, but he wanted to carry it all on his own.
Here we are walking to the classroom. JJ was off that morning so he was able to share the day with us. We really thought it would be better for both of us to be there, since we thought it would be "hard" for our son...we were so WRONG....thank goodness.
They showed him his hook and he was very eager to hang his backpack.
30 seconds after our arrival he was already playing. Don't you like his "lab coat." This is sort of their uniform so they don't dirty their clothes...GENIUS!
My view of Sam as I leave him there. As usual, it is always harder for the parents than the kids, but I am not complaining.
Sammy, once again we are very proud of you! Seems like you have adjusted better than your adult parents to our new home (except for a couple of hick-ups in your bedtime).
Update: I am posting this a couple of days later and he did cry for about two minutes two days this week, but that is totally normal. He has received glowing reviews from his teachers about his demeanor and social skills in class with his new friends. Way to go Sam...the social butterfly! We will be having play dates before you know it.





No comments:
Post a Comment