Today is a special Mother's Day..It is also Sammy's 2nd Birthday! I will post photos later tonight, but I just wanted to share this quote I came across today on a blog and I just thought...this is the perfect thought for Mother's Day. Things are kind of crazy with JJ and Luka traveling and packing up the house..but I just wanted to take time to share.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all the special moms in my life! I miss all of you.

2 comments:
Melissa - I grew up with my mom always repeating that quote, and I couldn't really understand what she meant ("ver o seu coração batendo fora do seu corpo"), so much, that often times, I thought she'd invented that... and she kept telling me: "one day you'll understand, when you're a mother..."
Now, I totally get it... and it's unbelievable how true and simple it is! It's like your little heart is walking around, unsafe (they're not inside you, anymore!), and you feel powerless, unable to fully protect them the way YOU BELIEVE THEY NEED to be protected (at least for me, I'm sort of OCD, semi-type A, you name it!)
Happy mother's day to you, and happy birthday to your baby Sam, now a boy... You've got a beautiful and blessed family... Take care, Raquel
Raquel, you are the best. I am so sad we are going to miss each other when you move to La Paz!
Post a Comment