Monday, April 23, 2012

Article in Holland About Our Adoption Story

Well, this post is for our friends and family that can actually read Dutch (unlike me...sorry about that..I promise the day I move to Holland is the day I enroll in an intensive course). For those of you that can read Dutch...recentlly the Dutch Foreign Ministry (BZ) featured an article about diplomats that have adopted and they featured our family...pretty exciting stuff. Above is the cover and below you can see the rest of the article. Feel free to click on the image and you may view it larger. I am trying to convince JJ to translate the whole article for me to post...but no luck not that yet.

We are pretty excited about having such a wonderful "promo" for adoption..It is truly an amazing and rewarding experience. I am not able to read in Dutch but I can see that all the families are as happy as we are! The article is yet another reminder for me of why I am so blessed to have this "crazy" life. If our diplomatic journey would have never taken us to Mozambique, I am not sure what our family would look like and if we would even have a family. Everything happens for a reason and sometimes we jump around from place to place leaving friends and family behind...it hurts, we cry and leave little pieces of our hearts all over the globe...but man I wouldn't trade my family or this life for anything in the world.

Who knows what lies for us in Santiago, but the four of us will find out together!

Enjoy the rest of the article and thank you to local photographer Patricio Crooker for taking the photographs.







No comments: