Monday, March 26, 2012

Luka Turns FIVE!


This post is almost a year overdue. I just realized as I was getting ready for Luka's 6th Birthday that I never posted about his 5th Birthday. It was a crazy time for us (getting ready to move from La Paz to Santiago) but still I have no excuse. So this will be posted with the correct date in the blog, but those that subscribe to the feed you will see it as a new post...don't be confused...Just a little late. I had the letter written, just never typed up. I like to type it up not only for the blog, but I have a Birthday Book for Luka & Sam, where I have a current photo and a letter for each of their birthdays. I hope to have a whole book of them (at least 18) by the time they leave to college. Here is his 5th year letter.

Dear Luka,

Happy Birthday Sweetie! Today is a big one…you are now FIVE years old. Where did the time go? It really seems like only yesterday we brought you home and we were clueless, scared and absolutely filled with joy all at the same time. It has been the best five years of my life.

You are such a special little boy and I know that parents say that all the time, but I really mean it and I hear everyone else say it when they are around you. That smile of yours and sparkle in your eyes has been there since the day I met you and it never seems to burn out. Everyone just wants to be around you.

That is very evident at school. You have so many friends and everyday you have a different play date. This mommy finds it hard to keep up with your social calendar, but I love that you get along with everyone and treat all the kids in your class with love and respect.

Oh, talking about love….you do kind of like one little girl in particular. Her name is Fernanda and I am only writing about her in the letter so you can remember your first crush. You are mad about her. You have even told me a couple of times that you have managed to get a smooch at school…oh, no what am I in for later?!?

Your love of learning continues to grow. You now know all of the letters and can read and write many words. I think by this time next year you will be reading books to me. At school your love for music is also very obvious.

As usual at home you continue to sing many songs and dance like crazy… this year in particular you love Adele, David Guetta and as far as musicals…well Lion King still tops your list, but this year you discovered Grease, Hairspray and Rio. Music is just in your blood…I hope that having non-musical parents won’t diminish your love of music in the future. Oh, daddy and I love to sing but we can’t really play any instruments, but we can bust a move with you any time you want.

This year you requested a Samba Party. I think you were inspired by watching Rio over 20 times. The music is pretty fun and we definitely had a great time at your party.

Probably the biggest change this year was our move to Santiago, Chile and in true Luka fashion you handled the change like a champ. I have never met a little boy that can adapt so well to change. Not only are you very comfortable with change, but you are Sam’s rock.

Yes, you are an AMAZING big brother. He looks up to you and wants to copy everything you do. But mostly I am so proud of how patient you are with him and I love to watch the both of you play for hours.

Some other things you have been working on this year are…Your father is teaching you how to ride a bike (almost there) and we are working on the swimming…just a little left to go.

Lukkie, I love you and wish you the best on your special day.

Love, Mami

Here you are in your RIO costume. Gotta love La Paz where you can get a costume like this custom made for $10 USD.

During your party you asked if you could thank everyone for coming and say something special on the
microphone. It was very sweet and made me very emotional...it just came out of nowhere.


No comments: