Lately my 4-year old son has been asking him to buy him toys. It seems that everywhere we go he wants me to buy him something. I think the abundance of Christmas gifts from family and friends has kept him in the "receiving" mood. I tried to explain to him that he doesn't always need to buy a new toy and that things cost money and are expensive. Well, I am starting to sound like a broken record...so I decided to teach him how to save.
I told him that now he would be receiving an allowance every week (10 Bs, roughly 1.30 USD). I tried to explain in my best 4-year vocabulary that he could either spend the 10 Bs every week or save money to buy a toy that he wanted. I agreed to give him the allowance every Friday.
Luka: Is Friday today?
Mommy: No, Luka in three days.
Luka: So I can go shopping when you give me the money?
Mommy: Luki, sweetie...10 Bs is not a lot money, but if you save for a couple of weeks then maybe you can buy a toy.
Luka: Mami, I am going to buy a Hummer or a Subaru.
Wow, my little boy is going to be saving for a long time and hopefully I can steer him in the direction of a more fuel friendly vehicle.
So we made this piggy bank for him to start saving...he was involved in the design. He picked the name, the colors and selected the art from a google search I did with him.
I have a feeling all of the spare change is going to start disappearing around the house.
Here is the art on the piggy bank, just in case you can't see in the photo. By the way his two favorite cars are the Hummer & Subaru Outback..go figure!

2 comments:
This is sooo adorable! You have no idea how much I enjoy all your Facebook posts and pictures. Ademas de ser divertidisima sos una super mama!! Besos XXXX
Ana Carolina
Ana Carolina...thank you...some days I don't think I am doing such a great job so comments like this are welcomed....THANK YOU
Post a Comment