
Today was a big day for Sammy. It was his first performance EVER at school. LIVE, his school, celebrated the holidays in a big way today. All three classes performed and it was great. The kids were adorable and each class had custom made hats in a different theme. Sam's class had snowmen, the 2 year old class were Santas and the older kids were elves. Each and every one of the kids looked so cute, but of course I was a bit biased and thought Sam was the most handsome snowman of all...
The morning started off iffy...with daddy and Luka home all week with a really bad flu, Sam and I had been spared. But on the morning of his first performance at school he woke up with a fever of 38.5 (101.3) so I did what any self-respecting mommy would do. I pumped him with his appropriate dose of tylenol and prayed the fever would go down in time for the show. He seemed to be in an okay mood so I was hoping for the best. By 8:36 am the fever had gone down to 37...only "destemplansa" so off we were to school while JJ and Luka suffered at home. I know they didn't want to miss it, but I had my camera and Flip camera ready to document the entire event.
His class performed a song in Spanish that I don't know the title, but it was a catchy tune and the kids were supposed to shake the bells on their wrist. Well, these kids are 12 - 24 months so the choreography wasn't perfect, but let me tell you. They were the ONLY class that didn't have someone crying on stage or running off as soon as they saw the crowd. We are very proud of the "NIDO" class at LIVE.
Here is a photo of Sam as he stands on stage and the magnitude of this event sinks in. I don't think he has ever been on stage with almost 100 people staring right back at him.


I was even more proud when I saw the ornament that Sam had done made it to the stage, as part of their Winter Wonderland decorations.
This is the beautiful christmas tree that Sam's class created. For two days straight he came home covered in glitter from head to toe!


Oh, I guess I was wrong..one of the little girls did cry, but she quickly calmed down and stayed on stage with the rest of her class. Sam is so freaking cute, huh!


Here you can see his entire class. They are 8 and Sam likes all of them. He particularly loves to play with Jose Manuel (far left) and the Zoe, the princess and senior of the class (far right). Nicole the one in the middle did the best job with the performance. She was shaking her booty the entire song, she must have some prior dancing training. And Luciano, to the right of Sam, had serious "business" to tend to while on stage and didn't take his finger out of his nose the whole time...ha ha ha.


Sam absolutely loves his teachers Ms. Mari & Ms. Juli...
I have a video too. I hope to post that soon!








No comments:
Post a Comment