Friday, September 23, 2011

A Very Wet Day 1



Hello People!! This will be a short post as I am super tired...but Moqui and completed Day 1. A total of 16.5 miles and our legs are killing us, but all for a great cause. We actually kept a great pace and finished the day much earlier than most people. Of the 2.500 walkers I would say we were in the first 150 people. We were already at lunch by 10:30 am!!!

The last few miles were the toughest mentally and physically due to the hills.

Then the big surprise was at camp. It had rained pretty much all day we were soaked to the bone, but I never expected the camp to be such a mess. It was flooded and everything was covered in mud about 2 inches deep. This was a bit of a disaster in the area of the tents and we made an executive decision to find a nearby hotel. I was really excited about my first camping experience, but being a novice camper I was not prepared to rough it and be soaked and freezing at the same time. Moqui and I also weren't prepared with tarps for the tent and floor.

So now we are in the hotel...toasty and cozy and resting for our early wake-up call tomorrow! Sorry. I only have one photo to post...don't have a way to load the photos from my camera to the computer here in the hotel.

More updates tomorrow...now to crash in bed!

No comments: