Tuesday, August 09, 2011

This one is for you Mom!


Every year growing up, and I mean EVERY year my mom took these awful photos on the first day of school. Yes, she took photos of us all dressed up and ready to go to school on this important day, but the photos I am talking about aren't those.

I really hated the breakfast photos she always took. I mean come on...I wanted to eat my cereal in peace and have time to wake up before seeing a flash. I always thought, "Why can't she wait until I am dressed up and ready to smile?" As much as I hated these photos growing up, now I love to see them. I love the funny faces, forced smiles and the best part is seeing all the different cereals I ate through the years. I have to dig up some of those photos and post...let me see if I can find any.

The photos became a Vigues family tradition and now they are a van Herksen family tradition. So mom, you asked for them and here they are: Breakfast photos of Luka on his first day of KG4!

As you can see Sam was as excited about the photos as I was growing up, but I know that one day he will appreciate them...I hope.

Here he is trying to learn how to use his fork. Breakfast is always a battle with Sam, but his favorite seems to be eggs.

Finally out of PJs and finished eating breakfast, here you can see Luka with his new KG4 teacher Mrs. B! Good luck this year Lukie, we love you!


No comments: