It was Friday morning and my sister calls me and says, "How much does it cost for you to fly to the states from Bolivia?" Of course immediately my heart stopped becuase I thought something had happened and someone was hurt or sick. Then she said, "it is nothing bad?" so of course I thought it was very BAD. Her next question was, "How are your knees? Do they still hurt?" At this point I was very confused...
But no one was hurt or sick. She asked me if I wanted to do the 3 Day for a Cure with her! I immediately said YES, it has been something that I have wanted to do for SO many years and why not now...so what if I have to come from La Paz, Bolivia to walk. I have never been one to be practical or make sense.
We decided to sign-up for the walk in Washington, DC on September 23 - 25, 2011!
So there it is..Moqui and I are headed to the nation's capital to walk for a cure and hopefully make the organization a lot of money doing it.
Stayed tuned for more posts and please support us! You can click on the icon above to make a donation or email me at mvigues@me.com if you have any questions. I will leave the icon on the right side of the blog just in case you want to come back later...
PS I just found out that a friend from Miami might join us...This is going to be one of those experiences I will never forget. Yeya Angelita & Yeya Nena (my grandmothers)...this is for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment