Monday, March 14, 2011

Beautiful View Minus Lunch


It was a gorgeous Sunday morning in La Paz and we decided to venture out of the city and visit an ecolodge that was advertising delicious gourmet food. So at about 12:30 pm we headed out (40 minute drive) to this lodge. I gave Sammy lunch in the car and Luka had some crackers to tie him down until we sat down for our gourmet feast.

It took us longer to get there because we didn't realize it was the last official day of carnaval and they were celebrating "El Enterrio del Pepino." I don't have all the facts on this celebration, but Pepino is not a cucumber (which is what I thought). It is actually a clown. So i guess they bury the clown, i don't know...but in either case there are parades, costumes...the whole shebang.

Finally we get to the lodge and surprise...NO MORE FOOD. So we enjoyed the view for 5 minutes and jumped back in the car to drive as fast as we could back to La Paz for lunch.

I was famished but not surprised. After living in Mozambique and now Bolivia you learn not to have high expectations and be prepared for anything. At least now we know we want to go back, but this time with a picnic basket!

To see more photos from our adventure click here. Please note all the photos were taken with my Blackberry...I forgot my camera! Next time I will bring that too.

No comments: