
This morning we went to the annual Christmas/Artisan Fair in town put on by ABIA (American British International Association). I was in heaven and drooling seeing all the booths with gorgeous things to buy. I think I started to sweat a little bit. I have not been shopping at all since I arrived in La Paz, so I was ready for some good retail therapy. There were so many beautiful things and not so beautiful too, but let's concentrate on the good stuff.
My first buy were some alpaca hats and shawls. The material is amazing and everything is handmade. I won't post photos because my family in Holland might have some alpaca goodies coming their way for Christmas! (My friends and family won't get any use out of this WARM material...sorry!)
Then of course I was crazy about all the bags & purses I saw. There were leather, plastic, recycled, alpaca, cotton, embroidered...every kind you can think of...but then I spotted these bright colored tote bags. I love a beautiful leather bag just as much as the next girl, but I am obsessed with tote bags and if they are plastic even better. These from Tote Le Monde were so bright and fun I couldn't resist. I bought a couple of tote bags for presents (let's see who are the lucky girls to get them) and a very fun bright purse for me....oh, and a tote for me as well. I thought they were Bolivian, but then I got in the car and I saw the tag said New York. I thought I had paid too much, but when I got home and googled the company. I was so excited to find out that the same tote that cost me $20 USD in La Paz was $58 USD in the states. I was over the moon...here usually it works the other way around...anything from the states is double the price.
But then my tote bag became ultra cool when I found out that Jennifer Garner had the same exact one....and she probably paid $58 USD! (picture popped up when I googled the company) Come on she is like the coolest mom ever!
Who knew this "celebrity" goodie had its roots in Bolivia. Check out this link. So I guess they really are Bolivian because they are also made here.
Okay, enough about this silly tote bag...I really do need a life don't I?!?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment