
First of all let me start by wishing a Happy Belated Father's Day to all the fathers in my life...especially my hubby JJ. I have to make a big confession. I totally forgot it was Father's Day on Sunday...yes, I know...pretty awful. But to my defense, these days with Sam not sleeping and breastfeeding all day long I sometimes forget to brush my teeth and it is hard to find 5 minutes in a span of 24 hours to take a shower... I am a walking "mombie" (mommy zombie).
Okay, but that is no excuse to forget Father's Day. Baby, you deserve to be celebrated and I promise to make it up to you soon!
This weekend we spent the weekend with the kids and watching World Cup Soccer. Way to go Holland. They won again on Saturday and our friends came over to our "temporary" home to watch the game. I can't believe that our best friends are leaving next Saturday. We were posted here together and their family became our family. Bas, Paty, Max & Nynke: We are going to miss you so much...do you really have to go? This is one part that really sucks about diplomatic life. It has its tremendous perks, but losing your friends that have become your surrogate family is really difficult. I can't imagine making such good friends again. La Paz has a lot to live up to. Our time in Mozambique has been so great and our friends were a major part of it.
On Sunday (Father's Day), which I didn't realize until JJ reminded me (after breakfast!) we woke up and took some pictures of the boys. Sam and Luka are both growing up so fast and I realized that I hadn't really taken any nice photos of them together. Don't they look handsome. Luka is really fascinated with his little brother.
Then we were off to the park. There is a new cafe/park in town that JJ loves (least we could do after I forgot about Father's Day). Here you see Luka proudly showing off his new shirt:
Super exciting stuff huh...I hope I am not totally boring you, but I wanted to show off all these photos of our little men.
Oh and when we got home Sam enjoyed hanging out in his borrowed swing. It is called the "Magical Mobile Swing" and it is really magic. That boy takes at least two naps a day on that thing. It gives mommy time to type silly things on her blog...ha ha ha. Thanks Cherry for lending it to us.





No comments:
Post a Comment