Friday, June 11, 2010

A Little Sad...

This is our first move from a posting and I didn't realize how hard it
would be.

We arrived to Mozambique as newlyweds and we are leaving as a family
of four! We have also made such good friends that have become our
family. I can't imagine making those close bonds again! I made friends
this close once before and it was in Miami where I had lived my whole
life, so I don't know if I will have the same luck a third time.
Amiguis las voy a extranar a todas!

Then there is the house. Luka took his first steps in that house, had
his birthday parties there, slept in his first big boy bed, learned to
throw a ball, etc. Just last night he was asking me to go back home.
How do you explain all this to a 3 year old. Well I tried, and I think
he understood.

For now I leave you with a photo of the chaos that is our house at the
moment. Thank you honey for taking care of everything while I hang out
with Sam.

1 comment:

Hanlie said...

And it only get's worse before it gets better. Isabella keeps saying she misses Maputo and wants to go back. How does one explain to them that it will never again be home, and they will probably never again go to even visit. Not even to talk about the friends that have become like family. A piece of me is still in Mozambique and will always be...
This living overseas thing can sometimes be way over rated...
Good luck with your move and all the changes. It's really hard, but it also has it's rich rewards.