Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby Group Despedida



For the last couple of weeks we have started to say goodbye to our Maputo "family" and friends. JJ has had parties at work, dinners and colleagues' houses and endless coffee dates. Well I thought....why should the adults have all the fun.

I think Luka and his friends should also be given the opportunity to celebrate their upcoming adventures. As I have mentioned before my Latina friends and I meet every week for a "Baby Group." This week's baby group was a "Despedida" for Max, Nynke and Luka.

Max & Nynke (Paty & Bastiaan's kids) are off to Brazil and Luka will be making is way to Bolivia soon. We hired a face painter to paint the flags on the kids and we had some snacks for everyone. Some of the adults (well Paty and I) even got our faces painted.

Thank you for everyone that attended. The kids really had a great time!

Here is a photo of all the girls....


I managed to hold Luka down for 5 seconds to take a photo...


Here are the "Three Amigos" that we were celebrating...


To see all the photos from the despedida please click here.

No comments: