
Dear Sam,
Today you are a week old. I can't believe it. I swear it was just yesterday that they put you in my arms for the first time. Seriously, where has the time gone? These last seven days have been a whirlwind and it has been full of new experiences for all of us.
You are our little miracle baby and I never thought I would take care of such a tiny human being. Your father and I thought we had this parenting thing down, but it is a whole different ballgame with a newborn. We have so many questions and doubts, but along with every question or worry there is a moment of pure joy.
Your father and I are asking questions all the time to make sure we are taking good care of you. Your dad especially is great and looks up any questions I have. The two of us have been with you all week...well I sort of have to right, or you don't eat but your dad took time off work to get to know you and take care of you. I think you really like your dad since your favorite place to nap is on his chest. I think you even like it better than mine (unless you are hungry).
Let's see in just one week we have....bathed you...watched you make all sorts of different faces...heard you cry, burp, sneeze and fart...you also peed on me twice already while I was changing your diaper. And just today you lost your umbilical cord!
After just one week your big brother is totally in love with you. He doesn't miss an opportunity to give you a kiss or show you off. I think that the both of you are going to get along great.
I also have to mention what a great baby you are. You hardly ever cry and you actually like to sleep at night....please, let's keep that up.
Well, you are about to wake up...I think it is time for some milk!
Love,
Mami
PS To see all of our photos from Sam's first week click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment