
I can't believe that 2009 has gone by so quickly. It seems like yesterday that I was celebrating Christmas with my family in Miami last December. As I look back at this past year I can't help but think of some of the moments that shaped my year (or just fun things that happened) and laid the groundwork for some of the things to come in 2010!
- Going to Obama's Inauguration in DC with Luka, Moqui, Wole & Maxwell.
- Luka's Turns 2 and we throw him a proper Mozambican Birthday Bash!
- Switching to Mac...JJ was so happy I did this...I wasn't at first...but I would never go back now.
- Both Oma & Opa from Holland come and visit us in Mozambique.
- Driving through Europe with JJ & Luka. We went to France, Holland, Luxembourg & Spain. What a trip!
- Going to Mallorca for the first time and meeting my grandmother's family.
- Some of our other MAC purchases: my new MacBook and JJ's iPhone...what would we do without these toys!
- Start two new projects Maputo Infant Nutrition Program & Maputo Yard Sale...a girl has to keep busy. Thank you to all my family and friends that donated to the orphanage.
- Becoming an aunt again...twice...Evan & Olin join our family.
- We finally bought the chairs I have always wanted for the dining room - six white Eames chairs. They are gorgeous! We will have these chairs FOREVER.
- JJ and I find out that the IVF finally worked and we will have a baby next year.
- Luka starts school for the first time.
- Luka and I can hold a decent conversation...he cracks me up.
- Luka's uses the potty...we are still working on this one...but almost fully trained!
- Surviving my 1st trimester...it was a doozy...I am looking forward to enjoying the pregnancy in 2010.
- Luka understood and got excited about Sinterklaas & Christmas (Santa Claus & Baby Jesus) this year. He still asks if they are going to visit again soon.
- Seeing our new baby on the ultrasound and feeling the baby kick in my belly for the first time...it is surreal to think that there is a living person inside of me. I can't wait to meet him/her.
These are in no particular order and I am sure I will think of more as soon as I post this to the blog, but reading back on the list I can't help but think how lucky I am...someone pinch me.
No comments:
Post a Comment