Friday, December 11, 2009

Our Little Oyster


Today was Luka's acting debut. His school put on their annual Christmas Play and Luka and his classmates were the oysters. For weeks they have been practicing their two songs and Luka has been a star at practice. The teacher always told us that Luka would help the other kids with the "steps" and words.

JJ and I were very anxious on the day of the show and so proud to see our little oyster perform for the first time on stage. JJ was ready with the video camera and I was ready with the photo camera. I knew there was something wrong as soon as we saw Luka walk on stage. He was eating his shirt...literally. I think he was really nervous. Imagine...a room full of 300 adults just staring back at you. I would be scared too. Then it happened...he saw mommy and it was all downhill from there. He yelled, "Mama, mama," and ran off the stage to where I was. I tried to get him back on stage, but nothing worked.


Not to come up with excuses, but the toddler group was the LAST to perform and they had to wait outside in the hot sun for 1.5 hours before they went on stage. All the kids were a little upset when they finally got on stage. That wasn't very smart of whoever organized the play. But I guess you live and learn.

Luka now has his first performance under his belt and things can only go up from here, right?

But let me tell you that he redeemed himself just 30 minutes after we left his Christmas Play. I had to go to the American School to deliver some Christmas Cards and they happened to be having a Primary School Performance. Well our little Luka must have decided that it was his time to shine...As the Kindergarten class was singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Luka jumped on stage and sang and acted out the song. It was very cute and I couldn't believe it...Just a few minutes earlier he was running away from the spotlight. I guess he likes this song better and doesn't care much for being an oyster. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of this as I wasn't really prepared to see my son on stage at this point.

Here is Luka with Amelia and Tristan as they waited to go on stage. He really loves these two friends! Aren't they the cutest twins...



To see more photos from the play click here.

1 comment:

Naku said...

yeah - they are sooo cute :-)
Luka is really handsome little man ;-)