Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Letter From Evan - My "Little" Nephew



Every since Evan was born I keep telling my sister that I can't get over how big that boy is. Every time I show his pictures to my friends in town they can't believe his age. Last week I showed my friend a photo that my sister sent me of Evan. It didn't have his age written on the back, but she swears he must be at least 3 months in the photo. Well, I asked Moqui and Evan was only 8 days!!!

Well, I don't know if Evan is happy about his aunt going on and on about his size. This is a letter I received from him (I think he got some help from my dad...his abuelo). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

Dear Aunt Melissa:

I have never met you, but here in Miami, mom, dad and "abuelos" are always talking about you, JJ and Luka. They always said how smart everybody is on that side of the family. You even sent us Luka's 1st freaking report card, to prove that he "inherited" the smart genes from you and JJ.

My bother Max got his first report card recently and his report card was as good as Luka's, even with the difficulty that his teachers speak mostly Spanish...and that is a lot harder than Dutch or freaking Portuguese.

I appreciate the fact that you put our Santa picture on your website so fast. But really I resented some of your comments regarding my appearance and size. I'm not big or fat or chubby. I'm actually extremely handsome for my early age. And the fact that I'm so freaking tall its because my Dad is 6'4" and my momy is almost 6 feet tall. So I have my doubts about you being the sharpest pencil in the box, like Grandpa says all the time.

I know you are coming in a few weeks and I'm eager to meet you and I know I will love you forever. So if I were you I would not mention this letter to mommy or daddy to avoid friction during my first encounter with my "Mozambican" family.

By the way I saw your recent picture in your "condition" and even this 3-month old knows that you are really BIG. What is your momy feeding you ????


Love,

Evan

No comments: