Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary Luka



Dear Luka -

Can you believe that today it has been exactly two years that Mami and Papa brought you home? I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like yesterday that I was looking at my 8-month old baby with all these questions and concerns and at the same time I had all this love in my heart that I couldn't believe was there just after a few days of knowing you. The day we brought you home we had known you for about 5 days and I swear when you woke up with us that first morning it felt like you had been with us for months and been growing in our hearts for even longer.

You are such a big, smart and beautiful boy. Who would have thought that our little tiny baby would have grown up so fast? I have a confession to make..the first couple of months you were with us I would do what every mother does, but shouldn't....I would compare you to other kids your age. Sweetie, you were so tiny and I would get upset when other people would say, "Oh, he is so cute...how old is the baby? Two months.." and I was like, "No, 10 months!!!!"

Well, you sure surprised all of us! Now at two years and 8 months you are blowing everyone away...including us and we see you everyday, but everyday you amaze us with your curiosity, intelligence and the way you see the world...not to mention your smile and great sense of humor (which I am sure you get from me...ha ha ha).

So today we celebrate your Adoption Day, Coming Home Day, Family Anniversary Day, Gotcha Day, etc. There are many things that we can call it, but it is the day that the three of us became a family. Adoption is a funny thing. If you haven't gone through it you can't imagine the bond you feel with this little person that you only met and had no idea was going to be a part of your life. It is truly special and Lukie this is something that we will always have just with you. Like I have told you before, your little brother/sis is growing in my belly, but you grew in my heart and when I saw you I knew you were my baby.

I love you Luka and remember this day (November 30) will always be Mami, Papa & Luka's special anniversary!

Mami

PS I know you were looking at these photos with me today and you were very surprised seeing yourself as a baby, but here they are for others to see. Here you are relaxing on daddy that first morning you woke up with us and the other photo is of you holding the bottle on your own the first week you were with us:



The video is really dark, but it was late and our lights are not that bright...But at least it documents this very special day and you can hear what great singers we are...NOT!

3 comments:

Paty said...

OMG Meli, estoy llorando como una tonta...se te esta haciendo una costumbre esto de hacerme llorar.
Y pensar que nosotros vivimoS todos esos momentos junto a ustedes :)

TE QUEREMOS LUKI LUKI!

Hanlie said...

He is a beautiful boy. You have done an amazing job with him. Congratulations of you special day!

Raquel said...

Oh Melissa.. loved reading your post about "Luka's adoption day"... still remember that day at Game.... and all the questions that nobody had answers for... You and JJ are wonderful parents, and the way you're bringing Luka up is the best way to showcase that... Congratulations to you both.... We're very honored to have met you and your family... Wishing you a wonderful 2010, Mirandas.