Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom



Today is my mom's birthday and I wish I could click my heels and show up in Miami in time to blow out her birthday candles. But I won't be able to make this one. Living in Mozambique definitely has its bonuses, but being so far away from family is not one of them.

I wish I was there to tell my mom Happy Birthday in person and tell her how much I love her and how much she means to JJ, Luka and I. Luka has a special birthday message for his Abuela, but it is taking me longer to upload that to the blog. I am having a bit of technical difficulties, but I promise it will be up soon.

Mami, I hope you like the photo I am sharing of your 3rd Birthday in Cuba (1956). You look adorable and I actually love the photo...especially the details:
- The Cuban birthday cake with too much merengue
- The Hatuey cups
- Your dress and those sleeves are perfect
- Your blondish hair...what is that all about?

Well, I love the photo and I don't think you have seen this one in a while so Happy Birthday and the three of us send you a BIG birthday kiss from Maputo.

No comments: